Thursday 18 March 2010

Delicious chocolate treats - update

The challenge was 2-3 chocolate cakes plus some chocolate balls in 2h15!

The result:
- 1 'sticky' chocolate cake with pecan nuts and grated coco nut (see earlier post regarding this cake under Am I nuts?)

- 1 almost sticky chocolate cake with fresh raspberries and grated almond - a first trial that turned out very nicely although less sticky than usual, probably due to the liquid from the raspberries

- About 50 small chocolate balls, approx. 35 coated with grated coco nut and 15 coated with 'decoration' sugar (pearly sugar in Swedish). The sugar ones were my favorites when I was a kid, but yesterday I finally understood why my mother preferred doing coco nut covered ones as they take about half the time. That bloody sugar just didn't want to stick to the balls. While the coco nut adhered without a second thought!

- Total time spent: 2h30!

Overall impression: chocolate balls are a pain as they take ages to turn from yummy dough into small balls! Putting the dough in the fridge for about 15 minutes helped greatly for facilitating shaping the dough into balls, but made it more difficult to get the sugar to stick... This is where I lost time. I could easily have made 2 extra cakes during the time it took to make these 50 balls.

All these treats were a success at work - which might just mean that my colleagues are all chocolate addicts, something that I have long suspected anyway :)

No comments: