Monday 1 March 2010

Am I nuts?

No skiing this weekend, instead a lot of sleep, winter Olympics, nice food (sushi, Chinese dim sum brunch, home-made lasagna) and a new nutty version of my killer chocolate cake.

Or to be precise, of my Swedish kladdkaka (I make 2 different chocolate cakes, one could possibly be considered as a 'moelleux' and the other, the kladdkada, as a 'fondant').

As my N loves coco nut, we decided to try adding some to the chocolate cake, and as the experiment was anyways on, I decided to also add some pecan nuts as they are very yummy in brownies - so why not in a kladdkaka?

So about 2.5 tablespoons of grated coco nut (yep, we bought it already grated), and perhaps 4 tablespoons of chopped pecan nuts were added to the batter, while I limited partly the sugar and flour (4 dl of sugar instead of 4.5, and a bit less than 2 of flour instead of 2.25). All the other ingredients stayed the same.

The result? Not so nuts after all :)

Next time I think I'll put in fresh raspberries and perhaps almonds... Change is fun!

No comments: