Monday 2 March 2009

1 CHF = 7.81 SEK

Why did I pay off the money due for my student loan this year already in January? I hurried on, trying to use the 'good' exchange rate at that time, although it had just dipped down since the prognosis was that the Swedish economy would start getting stronger again. Wrong! If I had waited and paid the money now I would have saved at least 430 CHF. Grrrrrrrrrraur

By the way, this is the strongest the Swiss franc has been against the Swedish crown for the 11 years I have lived here. When I moved here, 1CHF = 5.8 SEK, and then it went up and has been around 6/6.1 for about 9 years or so. The Swedish economy is really in the shit right now. Unemployment steadily augmenting, companies going bancrupt, commodities getting more expensive due to the bad exchange rate. Hopefully it will soon be time for Sweden to turn around!!! In the meantime, I will take advantage of the CHF being worth so much and enjoy myself when I go to Stockholm in 2 weeks :)

No comments: