Wednesday 11 February 2009

travel tip - lisboa

If you go to Lisbon then you have to try out this restaurant where my love took me to lunch on Sunday (yes, by the way, we went to Lisbon for 3 days over the weekend and enjoyed a nice mostly sunny albeit cold time, some lovely moments with his family, on the beach and with lots of yummy food).

The place is called Faz Figura and we enjoyed some really great food there with a beautiful view over the river! They first brought in some kind of chorizo spread which was really yummy on bread. We then shared 2 entries - Pimentos Padron with mushroom paste on thin slices of toast - one of the tastiest entries for a very long time - and a kind of bread sausage (Rosti de Alheira de Mirandela) with apple and a small salad - not bad either.

For the main course, N. took black risotto, while I had the black pork in a balsamic and honey sauce with mashed potatoes with truffle - all to die for. I was basically sitting there with a stupid smile on my face every time I brought another forkful of food to my mouth. Perfect combined tastes and perfectly cooked. If I lived in Lisbon I would have to go back there at least once per month - always eating the same beautifully composed dish.

And in the summer sitting out on their terrace overlooking the river must be even better :)

Ps. We shared a pearcrumble with cinnamon icecream for dessert and this was the only disappointment - the ice cream was great, but the crumble no crumble and wihthout taste. Perhaps this will teach us to not ask for more after a 3 courses meal with wine.

No comments: