Monday 2 February 2009

my talkative colleague

Today is another day when my extremely talkative colleague is on a high again. Actually, she's probably talking as much as usual, but I'm trying to concentrate and that's impossible. There are basically 2 options - either I talk back to her and waste half the day in discussions with her about subjects I most of the time don't care about. Or I tell her off that she should take up the subject with the person concerned for example, implying: to leave me alone, and she gets grumpy and then go on for a while about the fact that she has etc etc.

The third option, the one I would find more natural, of her respecting that I am doing something else, that I am not even looking at her when she continues talking - that third option is not an option at all as she does not seem to understand this kind of very clear body language.

It's ironic that when she wants to ask me about something job related she always makes sure that I have time. However, for whining about things going wrong with her computer, with a colleague, with life in general or telling me about something important to her - she does not care to check if I am available or not. Ironic right? The problem is that once she's managed to irritate me by not leaving me alone, her voice alone (which is quite irritating to start with) makes me squirm, even when she isn't talking to me for once.

One of those days when I just wish it was 5 so that she would leave!

No comments: