Thursday 15 January 2009

running addict? well not yet but....

Went running at the gym yesterday. Needed to get rid of some of my negative thoughts, all that negative energy swivelling around inside me. No matter what the reason was making me feel so down, my body needed help getting rid of it.

Was supposed to go to the body combat, which is usually one of my favourite ways of ridding my body of any negative thoughts as you kick and hit away for an hour. However, some new choreography meant that we were supposed to pair up and right then I just couldn't take pairing with anyone (if there had been anyone available that is, as everyone was already paired up), so I left. Looking around the gym the running belt really felt like the only exercise which was 'violent' enough to make me feel better, where I could really get an outlet for my anger, irritation, and sadness.

30 minutes and 5 km later, I came off the belt red as a tomato, sweating and super tired. But also, feeling happy for the first time that day. All that anger and irritation had left my system and it felt good! I remember a time in my life when the only way I could get through most days was to go for a run. A time when I could chose between either running or completely trashing my room as I was hurting so much. I am far from that stage now, but it's funny to feel how much good a long run still does to me. And although I prefer running outside rather than on a belt, the effect is almost the same. So, perhaps, I will turn into a running addict again.

No comments: