Tuesday 21 October 2008

The whereabouts of my babbling colleague...

I've already written about my new colleague who is constantly talking or making noises. And no, she has not stopped yet! No matter that I'm wearing headphones and trying to concentrate on something. Anytime anything does not work on her computer she has to share it with me and ask me for help! And no - i'm not the IT person here. And no - i don't really care if the internal notes from our last meeting are perfectly outlined in the document or not. And yes - I do have better things to do than helping her with the notes from the meeting, than helping her with layouts for a stupid internal document that no one will probably read and no one cares how it looks, than hearing about her problems with the colour printer when she wanted to print new etiquettes for the folders!!!! I thought hiding behind my headphones was a good idea - but I guess I have to find something better. the question is what???

I try to avoid her when working, but in contrast to my old colleague who used to sit behind her computer while i sat behind mine - meaning that we did not see each other except for when we looked over on purpose, the new one is sitting a bit off to the side of her computer (probably killing her back and neck) so that she can constantly see me when she looks up. Great...

1 comment:

Miguel Anjo said...

Move your screen to be in line with her face and glue in the back of the screen "noise wall". Then buy one of those things to hold up paper on the side of the screen and have it there with postcards, just to hid you better. Instead of all that you can also always reply to her "Later...", each time lauder. And pretend to continue to work really concentrated.
Another option is to propose a change in the office distribution, and ask to have your desk differently, if possible. Well, many options, but unfortunately they never work with this kind of colleagues. :-/