Friday 24 October 2008

i'm a dreamer

Head up in the clouds, I seem to have a tendency to let my imagination run away with me, creating dream castles out of nothing and picturing myself living in this new place, this new city or....

Yesterday, we went to visit an apartment as we have been thinking about moving closer to N's work and perhaps finding something slightly bigger. In my mind before even visiting the place, I had pictured us loving this new superb big great flat, moving in and getting everything ready to have a christmas move-in party with a lovely christmas tree and decorations. I even went so far as to stand holding some decorations for the tree in my hand yesterday lunch. And I was so disappointed, still before seeing the apartment, that there was another person interested who would have priority to it.

My N. is also a dreamer in many ways, but perhaps a bit more realistic and kept telling me to wait until after we had actually seen the apartment before planning the things I need to sell in the old apartment, who should take over the contract and before being disappointed that perhaps we would not be able to move into the new dream apartment (ah, if he had only known about the housewarming christmas party all planned out in the movies in my head he would probably have been really worried ;)

And he was of course right. The apartment was nice and in the perfect location but the kitchen way too small for what I want, the apartment and building too old for N's taste, and my current apartment (soon to be OUR current apartment!) is at least as nice and has this great big sunny kitchen that I just love. So we are going to fix up my apartment with some new storing places and a big new kitchen table to be able to really use the kitchen as it is meant (meaning, having people over for dinner, brunch or whatever and not having to limit the number to only 2-3 guests since the current table is so small), I will need to make space in the cupboards (meaning finding other ways to store my small amount of clothes, shoes, handbags and… help!) and we will hence turn my apartment into our apartment. At least until we find an apartment that really takes our breath away.

In the meantime, I'm now dreaming about how to make the kitchen warm and cosy with a big table seating friends for Sunday afternoons/dinners, what to put on the wall to make the living room lovelier, and of course where to put the christmas decorations - in short how to turn our apartment into a dream.

The objects change - only the dreaming persist :)

No comments: