Wednesday 2 April 2008

miss you M

Just had a message from my friend M who lives in Zambia. Felt so good to hear from her that i just had to share it here :)) I actually received a mail from her yesterday as well, but the difference this time was that I had just written to her less than an hour before and then got an answer - made it feel like she's a lot more closer than the actual geographical distance. So wish that I could go there to see her!!! It is definitely in my plans, especially since it seems that she will be staying in Zambia for longer than the originally planned one year. But there is the travel cost, and there are regretfully no cheap flights to Lusaka :((( Easy Jet, if you here this - start a flight ;)

This is one of the consequences of living in Geneva, this city so full of remarkable people from all over the world who move back and forth... The advantage is that I now have good friends all around the world - if I ever go to Zambia, to Washington D.C., to Angola, to Oslo, to Sydney, to Brussels, to Belgrade, to Paris, to.... I know that I will be well received and make my friends happy! The disadvantage, especially regarding those living so far away, is that they are far away and it's too expensive to go and visit everyone. Especially since I also have friends and family in Stockholm, and in Slovenia who I also want and need to visit. But i will try to go and see one person after the other. Possibly going to Oslo and then on into the Norwegian mountains in August for the wedding of one of my friends there. And then hopefully to Lusaka sometime in late 2008, early 2009. And probably Paris sometime in between.

For my dear family and friends living elsewhere, either far away or closer by, but not here with me - I miss you all!! But I am happy that you all live good lives in the place of your choice!

ps. since my brother told me that green is not a very easy colour to read and that my blog is difficult to read because of the colour and size choice of my text, I will from now on keep the text in black! hope this facilitates the read :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

arrrgh!!! just wrote a looooooooooooooooooooooooong comment and than my computer was not able to save it... ok here again.
Miss you 2 H! right now I am somewhere between homesick (friends, easy life in Geneva,...) and happy to life in a beautiful country like Zambia. I wish I could find a job where I work half a year in Geneva (Geneva summer!) and the rest of the year in Zambia. It is slowly getting colder here. Specially in the morning my feets are cold and I am thinking about using other shoes than flipflops. Was told that this is only the begining... In those moments I miss having sushi at the lake with you, enjoying the idea that summer is coming...
Well, good that globalisation brough internet and rooming, reading your blog gives the impression to have at least an idea what is going on in your life and to stay in touch... wish I could have been at DCAF on the baby day!!!
big hug and lots of love
M