Thursday 3 April 2008

autumn anyone?

walking in to work this morning, or actually to be honest, walking from the bus station, it really felt like a beautiful autumn day! The sun was shining, the air was fresh, so fresh and felt so good to breath in, the temperature was just like a day in October.... but it is spring you will tell me... and you're right. how do i know this? well because when i lifted my eyes towards the mountains I saw how much snow they are capped in, hence it is spring, normal. but i still insist: it felt like autumn, that crisp lovely air that I so look forward to in autumn, rather than the cold air that I am just longing to leave behind me at this moment when I am longing for bare legs, my lovely red spring coat, the opening of beautiful flowers (though not the sneezing that comes with it for me, luckily i know how to forget that fact until I don't have the choice anymore), the arrival of warmth, the long evenings (i went rollerblading after work tuesday and only came back at 20.30!!!) and the slow arrival of summer and all that encaptures.

in short, this morning was an autumn day which made me smile when coming in to work!!! and since i'm going south for the weekend (though seeing the mountains this morning i sooooooo wanted to go skiing) to zaragoza and madrid where they promise sunshine and at least 16° for Z and around 20° for M, i can enjoy having a stroll in the autumn weather :)

honestly though, i love all the different periods and am not sure i could live without them!!!

No comments: