Tuesday 11 November 2008

my silhouette...

having become a bit tired with my silhouette lately, and even more so with the floppy fat that likes to create a sort of truck tyre on top of my trousers, i have decided to try to go to Silhouette a bit more often. Kind of a cheesy but rather good name I guess, I have been getting lazy going there the past few months due to various vacations and the fact that A has left Geneva and hence our once-per week rdv have been cancelled.

What I most often do: prepare my bag in the morning and bring it into work just to let it sit there for one day after another as kind of a bad conscious, but not bad enough to actually make me do something about it.

What I did today: took my a*** out of the chair and went to work on my new and improved silhouette, at Silhouette ;) 30 min of cardio plus about 20 min of weights, not too bad especially since i'm going tomorrow evening as well (the instructor being a friend it's difficult to get out of it, especially now that my boyfriend has started going as well, he just received a free trial month so he will hopefully be a good motivator). Result: feeling tired in many parts of the body and worse so, in my head. This is always the problem when I go during lunch and the reason why I mostly go after work.

Exercise is supposed to give energy, and probably does in the long run, but in the very short run it snatches it all away. Hence me being tired, and my silhouette soon that of a very sleepy, possibly sleeping person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep going to the gym, but at lunch time (or before work) try less intense workout. Another option, use the gym as a place of shower and sauna, but go running/cycling outside. :-)

Your dearest instructor

la fée verte said...

Dearest instructor,

Thank you for this advice! I might however skip the running/biking outside for some day when the sun is shining anew - brrrrr

Less intense workout is a good idea - problem is that once i'm there i like to give my maximum ;)

see you tomorrow dearest instructor