Tuesday 4 November 2008

Geneva doctors - expensive but good. Me - relieved.

Went to the doc's this morning for an annual check up (although last time was almost 2 years ago) of my more feminine parts, and after a more thorough check-up than I've ever had in my life including checking for cancer and stuff (something which I have asked to have done in Sweden but just got a 'you feel better yourself if something is wrong' stupid answer), I started to think about my doc experiences of lately. In fact, following on a problem with my right arm and shoulder due to an incorrect positioning at the computer - that doctor pushed me to do some tests and found a problem of thyroditis, which many doctors have asked about but no one has ever really checked out. A problem which, together with my severe iron deficiency and lack of B12 at the time, helped explain my continuous problems of being tired, of feeling easily stressed, of overeating in the afternoons to keep awake, of being a bit moody, and even partly the problems with my arm and shoulder as the tendons get more fragile supposedly when you have an hyperactive thyroditis, plus that when I'm tired, I tend to put extra tension in my neck and shoulders...

The thing is, this is not the first time I've been for check up with doctors - but this is my first really good experience with doctors. 2 in the same year, 2 in Geneva. I hope only that my doc's appointment on Friday to check the changes to my thyroditis problem will be as good. I regretfully have to go to a new doc, since the one that discovered the problem is not available anymore. Hopefully on Friday I get to experience another super expensive but skilled doctor and have this problem handled once and for all.

No comments: