Monday 5 May 2008

massage addict

the one-armed monster from a few weeks ago is now more or less history. i'm still using my left hand on the mouse, and i'm not allowed to lift up heavy things with my right arm, but i'm allowed and was even encouraged to go back to do sports and live my life as normal. supposedley if i protect my arm/shoulder too much we will not be able to see if the physiotherapy actually works. yep, am now going to see a physiotherapist 2-3 times per week for 9 times total. not too bad i must say, though i have only been once so far (wasn't allowed to go for the first week since my muscles were too tense and it would only have made the problem worse, and then there was 1 week waiting list which almost drove me crazy especially since after my arm started to feel better following the muscle relaxing and anti-inflammatory medecins my lower back and then my neck started to play up, the latter being the worst as it gave me headaches and made me feel like a complet wreck).

second session this afternoon (luckily i have an understanding boss) which i'm looking forward to as i feel a bit stiff again this morning... the 40 minutes or so there consisted last time of about 20 minutes massage (first hurtful but then nice) of the shoulders and neck, concentrating on the right one, and then 20 minutes of lying on a hot mud-paraffin mixture which was so hot it felt it would burn my skin right off, but which is supposed to help the muscles relax and felt quite good actually, though i must say i prefare the massage, but then again i've alway been a massage addict ;)) hopefully the massage is on the schedule for today as well!!!

No comments: