Monday 5 October 2009

Children? Yes, but not right now please

I want children one day, this is clear. But this day is not now, nor for the next couple of years actually. A pregnancy right now would completely alter my plans. And yes, I have heard how pregnancies have a tendency to happen when it's not the perfect time, while when it is the perfect time, people tend to wait for months or years without any results.

But still, this would so not be the right time as I am finally, after more than 7 years of talking, dreaming, planning, hoping and wishing for it, getting close to my dream of taking a year off and travel around the world! Less than a year left now until I set sail, a third of the money saved up (well half of the minimum recommended, but I want a safety buffer) and the dream is now approaching reality!

So although I one day really want children and cannot imagine a life without, right now would soooo not be the time. And hence I have the feeling every month that perhaps, just because now is not the time, now will be the time. Perhaps one has to have gone through some of the things I have to understand the fear when the period is a few days delayed, or as today, even a few hours delayed. And no, it should not be possible. But yet, I have heard stories of others who should not have been possible, have a couple of mini cousins running around proving that what should and should not be possible is a fluid concept.

Call me paranoid and I will answer your call, for this I am paranoid, but luckily my fear was once again proven wrong and my travel plans and dreams can continue, at least for another month :)

No comments: